Friday, April 11, 2008

Teen Survives Fall from 12th Floor

Oh my word, that's amazing, how is that even possible, I want to know more!!
I imagine that that would be the reaction of people when they read a headline like that, right? It certainly caught my eye when I saw it on CNN. So I clicked on the story (linked below) and what did I learn? Oh, he landed on the 10th floor. Ooooh. I'm sure it was very scary and exciting for him and all, but for CNN to over-dramatize a two-story fall on the front page with a headline like that is ludicrous. I guess it's a slow news day.

(The local news story that CNN links to actually has a tamer headline, but they still don't bother to mention that he landed on the 10th floor until the second paragraph.)

Charlotte Teen Falls From 12th Floor - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte

4 comments:

Madison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madison said...

Wow, has covering the Iraq war become THAT boring?

Brian said...

Yeah, no bad news to report over there.

Anonymous said...

Good words.